Take a tour. Visit our salon and ask to see the tanning beds. You'll find that we clean and maintain them to the highest standards.
Fill out a skin analysis form. The form is used to determine your skin type and tanning goals. It should only take a few minutes or so.
- One important thing to be open about is what kind of prescription medication you're using. Some can affect the way your skin reacts to tanning beds...in a very bad way.
Get goggles. We will not allow you to use our tanning beds without proper goggles.
Use tanning lotion. Ask us about our recommendations for your skin type and tanning goals.
Go to your room. Strip down as low as you want to go. You can keep your underwear/bra on, or you can wear a swimsuit, or you can go nude. Use the same precautions you would take in a public shower.
- If you are new to our salon, one of our staff members will have given you information about the tanning beds. Ensure that you remember what all the buttons do. How do you shut the whole thing off? How do you control the fan? If there are separate bulbs for the face, how do you turn those on and off? If you need a refresher course, ask one of the staff members; we will be pleased to help.
- You will also have received a schedule for tanning sessions. It is mandatory to follow the schedule as laid out to ensure you do not exceed tanning times. Your health and safety comes first.
Put on your safety goggles. This is a must. Don't even think about getting into that bed unless you have goggles or some kind of approved eye protection (sunglasses don't do the trick, no matter how stylish they are).
Get inside the bed and shut the lid. Press the button to flip the lights. Never exceed the time that the staff person has assigned you.
Get out of the tanning bed. If you're all sweaty and slick, wipe yourself down with the towel that has been provided.
Going into the tanning bed without special goggles is very dangerous and may cause you to go blind. Even if you don't go blind, you can permanently affect your night vision, and permanently destroy your ability to see colours properly and vividly.
- Do not rely on the colour of your skin to tell you when to stop tanning - in an intense, stand-up booth you can burn badly in 5 minutes and not know it until 6 hours later when you start to turn beet red. START LOW and work your way up!
- Do not tan more often than once every other day. Your skin will continue to tan for at least 24 hours after you leave the bed - you need recovery time, or you will burn.
- Wear sunblock (when not tanning in a tanning bed). A base tan doesn't make you invincible.
- Don't use indoor tanning lotions outside - they contain NO SUN BLOCK.
TAHITI TAN IS A PREMIUM TANNING SALON WITH A FRIENDLY, WELCOMING STAFF THAT HAS ANSWERS FOR ALL OF YOUR TANNING-RELATED QUESTIONS. WE TAKE PRIDE IN OUR BEAUTIFUL, WELL-MAINTAINED FACILITY, SPECIALIZING IN TANNING LOTIONS, TANNING BEDS AND EYELASH EXTENSIONS. OUR CLIENTELE COMES PRIMARILY FROM THE CLOVERDALE, FLEETWOOD, CLAYTON, SURREY, LANGLEY, SULLIVAN, PORT KELLS, WALNUT GROVE AND WILLOWBROOK–WILLOUGHBY AREAS, ALTHOUGH WE’VE ALSO ATTRACTED CLIENTS FROM AS FAR AWAY AS ABBOTSFORD AND CHILLIWACK. COME IN AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHY YOUR TANNING SESSIONS HERE ARE “THE ULTIMATE TANNING EXPERIENCE”.